Service Desk Analyst
San Jose, CA 95002
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Service Desk Analyst to join our team at our client s site in San Jose, CA.
Service Desk Analyst
San Jose, CA
6-9 month contract
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for all phases of operations for the internal IT Service Desk. Reporting to the regional Service Desk manager, you will work closely with other members of the IT group to support all end users, both local and remote, in their day to day computer hardware and software needs. This is primarily a Windows 10 and Office 365 environment.
- Provide Telephone, E-mail, Chat, Web and hands-on technical support to local and remote employees
- End to end management of all reported Incidents and Service Requests through resolution within established service levels
- Provisioning, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows and Mac hardware
- Install, configure and troubleshoot new software, updates and patches
- Logging detailed and accurate data on Service Desk Ticket Management tool (Service-Now).
- Identify and effectively prioritize situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide assistance in provisioning and supporting Tablets and Mobile Phones (iOS and Android)
- Participate in after-hours support rotation
- Escalate hardware / software problems where required within IT or outside vendors
- Follow standard, documented processes and procedures
- Stay current with technologies
- Participate in IT related projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal candidate:
- Patient, highly customer focused, detail-oriented individual
- Self-motivated and organized individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved and communicated to customers.
- Works effectively under pressure
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10, and Office 365
- Experience supporting Microsoft Skype for Business environment
- Familiarity with Apple Mac OS X a plus
- Audio / Video and Tele-conferencing equipment experience a Plus!
- Windows Networking experience
- A+ Certification and / or Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Patience and strong desire to help others accomplish their goals
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Utilizes effective time management skills
- 2 year AA degree required, BA\BS degree highly desirable
- 3+ years of industry experience working in a Service Desk environment supporting 1000+ employees.
- Experience working with customers, handling customer problems and requests on the phone and face-to-face with a high degree of professionalism
- Candidate will have experience and can demonstrate understanding in how computers work.
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities