Service Desk AS0003V0
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, AL 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Service Desk specialist to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: The MDA’ s Enterprise Service Desk is the primary “ first contact” POC for all MDA users requiring IT services. The Service Desk operates as a virtual service desk with team members located in Colorado Springs, CO and Huntsville, AL providing 24x7 support to customer all over the world. The common tasks performed by the Service Desk are user call processing, incident management, service request management, account management and escalation of incidents and problems to other IT functional teams. The Service Desk also participates in asset management, change management, and release management. Service Desk will gather the information needed to resolve customer issues and provide verbal and remote instruction/assistance to customers, including status updates as needed. Representative technical certifications at this level may include Microsoft MCSA & MCSE: Windows Server, VMWare Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization, and CompTIA Server+.
- A High School diploma (or GED), and 8 years of general experience or a BS degree with 4 years experience.
- Must have 4 years related experience in relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers and/or experience in light programming, projects management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting. Candidate must have a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Candidates must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification or other IAT level II 8570 compliant certification or above.
- Candidate must have a general PC and Microsoft Office troubleshooting skills and the ability to clearly converse with customers at all levels.
- The Service Desk professional must communicate written and/or verbal situational awareness to management and Government leadership in a concise, professional manner.
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret security clearance. Candidates must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification or other IAT level II 8570 compliant certification or above.
- This position will be required to work extended and/or non-prime hours, including holidays, and weekends.
- Previous Service Desk/Call Center experience, Active Directory, Exchange and Remedy experience. Scripting: Power Shell is a plus.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities