Senior Wintel Systems Engineer/Windows Scripter
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Senior Wintel Systems Engineer/Windows Scripter for an exciting Migration project in Arlington, VA. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a forward thinking, tech savvy organization on a contract to permanent basis. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Primary responsibility includes evaluating, analyzing, re-packaging, testing and deploying the Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products for the environment.
Responsible for evaluating, scripting, testing, and deployment of custom developed and third-party software through the Wise Package Studio.
• Create 90+ high quality silent MSI based packages delivered through Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager
• Create scripts to support the deployment of over 5000 Windows 7 laptop and desktop images.
• Support the technical deployment of Windows 7 by converting users from Windows XP through the use of automated scripts.
• Maintain Windows 7 lab environment and baseline Windows 7 version in order to support engineering department for advanced testing.
• Release written procedures through the Request for Implementation (RFI) process consisting of accurate and thorough installation procedures for applications to be released into DEV/QA/PROD environments.
• Support and setup Windows 7/Windows 10 for User Acceptance Test for each application.
Support and setup Windows 7/Windows 10 for User Acceptance Test for each application.
• Develop new and improved written procedures for distribution of standard corporate software.
• Provide Tier 3 Help Desk support for application and hardware support for Windows 7.
Managed trouble tickets on a daily basis using ServiceNow system.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
Familiarity with more advanced Windows components (Active Directory, Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, etc.)
Familiarity with BigFix components/languages (Fixlets/Analyses, Relevance/ActionScript)
Medium-to-strong experience in scripting (preferably PowerShell)
Decent background in Windows OS (basic understanding of file system structure/registry/services/etc.)
BS or equivalent + 14 yrs related experience, or MS + 12 yrs related experience.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of minorities/females/vets/disability