Senior UX Designer
60 South Market Street, 9th floor San Jose, CA 95113
We are the next generation personal assistant company named one of the top 15 interesting startups to watch in 2016, and after our acquisition we are now poised to bring our vision of a new kind of user interaction to the world at global scale. The next generation of AI will provide a truly open platform that lets any developer extend knowledge and capabilities.
Our UX Design System brings together the assistant experience for different devices and services around a coherent conversation and interaction patterns.
Additionally, the design system accelerates our design process, and is key to keeping the user experience relevant and fresh as the product and system evolves.
We' re looking for someone:
- Whose craftsmanship thrives at the intersections of conversation design and interaction design, and prototyping in order to push the overall user experience forward.
- Who has a really high bar for design quality and coherence.
- Who deeply cares for the craft and has an impeccable attention for details; while distilling the design patterns and components that will compose the system.
- Who is a great communicator in defining understandable terminologies and schematics to others. To do so, this person needs to ask right questions, communicate complex concepts and ideas to different teams, and being a very good listener in between when working with others.
- Who can analyze example use cases and abstract them in patterns to create scalable design system. Mathematical thinking is required in this process.
- Understanding the technical underpinnings is nice to have, not mandatory. What’ s important is great intellect and curiosity and the ability to collaborate with engineers and product managers to flesh out flows and edge cases.
- Who is agile, is a maker at heart, and can get into the weeds of implementation if necessary.
- With the drive to go above and beyond to produce one' s best work.
- Who is open-minded to adopt new idea, concept, and explore more possibilities with others.
- Who is excited to learn new methods and topics, and can distill their core concepts.
- With 2 - 4 years of experience shipping products to mass markets while creating, implementing and evolving the underlying design systems.
Join us and enjoy our benefits starting with a complete health and insurance package for employees and their families; 401k matching -- we match $1 for every pre-tax or Roth dollar for the first 5% that you save; 20 days PTO and 11 holidays combined with flexible working arrangement policies designed to maintain a great work-life balance, including “ work from home” Thursdays; Take advantage of our brand new spacious office with 360 views of the valley; Lunchtime soccer and basketball for those interested, an on-site gym, and a stocked kitchen to keep you physically and mentally fit; Monthly stipend for phone or internet service; Downtown location with free parking or subsidized transportation (GoPass, AmTrack, etc).