Senior Technical Planner I
7700 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church, VA
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Senior Technical Planner / Schedule Analyst or Master Scheduler with a current or active TS/SCI to join their team in Aurora, CO to work on an exciting project.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Planner or Schedule Analyst or Master Scheduler who will be responsible for partnering with Control Account Managers (CAMs), and Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTLs) to facilitate the development and maintenance of the program Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS). This position reports to, and takes direction from a program Planning Manager, however the candidate may work closely with finance, contracts, and engineering/technical personnel, to develop, maintain, and report against the program Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB). This position requires a highly analytical, data driven, results oriented individual that proactively seeks out data, engages stakeholders, and facilitates closure of commitments.
Position Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include the tracking and reporting of critical program information, providing in-depth and actionable analysis, contributing to the continued improvement and implementation of new project planning/scheduling concepts, techniques, policies and procedures to meet client, Program, and customer requirements, as well as supporting the recurring program business rhythm (weekly and monthly), and generating weekly/monthly internal and external program review packages and Contractual Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals. Additional responsibilities could/will also include performing related analysis of the program schedule critical path, performing Schedule Risk Assessments (SRA) and related analysis, and working with CAMs/IPTLs/Engineers on key items in the schedule to facilitate/develop alternative technical solutions that improve the program critical path and probability of success.
- Must have a Current / Active a TS/SCI security clearance (Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information)
- 4+ years program Planning/Scheduling experience
- Intermediate knowledge of scheduling fundamentals and techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Project scheduling software
- Intermediate knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems and reporting
- Knowledge of Engineering Software Design and Development lifecycle and processes
- Ability to work independently, or as directed in a team environment
- Possess good analytical, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to quickly/easily adjust to changing priorities/direction
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and the relationship to the Integrated Master Schedule
- Familiarity with the following software applications: Milestones Professional, Full Monte (or similar Schedule Risk software); Microframe Project Manager (MPM) or APEX financial systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or PMI Scheduling Professional certification (PMI-SP)
- Experience with Capture/Proposal process
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering, Math, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience).
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities