Senior Systems Engineer - IT Infrastructure
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg 70173 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Client's team.
You will be working with a dynamic team of system engineers responsible for design decisions and implementation in all areas of systems architecture, systems, engineering, and the technical direction of multiple projects across multiple programs for OCONUS operations. Responsibilities include designing the systems architectural framework for large complex resilient systems and formulating high-level architectural solutions to ensure implemented solutions meet stakeholder needs, standards, and performance requirements. You will be communicating architectural designs and solutions to the entire technical program team and to end-customer stakeholders. You will work closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables. You will be responsible for providing multi-tenant, multi-cloud, cloud and on-prem IT infrastructure solutions to ensure the success of multiple customers across multiple programs.
- Assist with the analysis, evaluation, engineering, and implementation of system improvements, optimization, and deployments
- Develop and implement technology and solution roadmaps to meet customer strategic goals and mission priorities
- Develop and implement designs for large, complex multi-site data center infrastructure and virtualized environment solutions
- Document designs, and changes to data center infrastructure environments including physical/logical drawings, engineering design plans, implementation plans, transition plans, test plans, and failover plans
- Implement, test, and operate large complex data center and virtualized compute, storage, and network environments
- Research, prototype, and develop emerging technologies by working closely with industry partners and OEMs to implement the latest and best-in-bread capabilities to meet the customers emerging needs
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; DoD Secret clearance and up is required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ Years of progressive experience
- Master’s Degree and 5 + Years of progressive experience
- Experience developing and implementing hardware and software solutions for data center and virtual infrastructure technologies
- Meet DoD 8570 IAT Level - II requirements.
Strong engineering experience with the following core platforms and services:
- VMware ESXi and vSphere
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Deployment and Administration
- Microsoft Windows 10 Deployment and Administration
- DNS, DFS, and DHCP
- Active Directory and defining, implementing, and maintaining Group Policy
- Microsoft SCCM with Operating System Deployment (OSD)
- Data center networking fundamentals (experience with software defined data center networks a plus
- Data center storage fundamentals (experience with SAN protocols and NAS protocols
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Active Directory, MS SQL, RHEL, MS SharePoint, Unified Communications, etc.)
- Experience developing highly secure and reliable solutions that meet all organizational Cybersecurity and Information Assurance requirements
- Experience with Data Center Automation and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), API management, scripting languages including PowerShell, Python, JSON, Bash, etc.
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.