Senior Systems Administrator
30 South Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Senior Systems Administrator
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team and work for our client in Colorado Springs, CO.
As the Senior Systems Administrator you will have the opportunity in discovering an exciting career at one of the most established enterprises in the city where each and every individual plays an important role, and every single person is essential to the cultivation and the overall success of the Organization.
As the Senior Systems Administrator use their knowledge, experience, and documented procedures to provide Tier-III IT services and support. The Senior Systems Administrator – Team Lead will develop procedures, trouble-shoot and resolve Tier-III issues, provide guidance to junior staff, and perform solution/design/engineering work as required.
• Design, implement, and manage Active Directory and Group Policy in a mixed Windows environment using experience, procedures and industry best practices.
• Troubleshoot and resolve Group Policy Object (GPO), AD replication, security, permissions, etc…
• Support the training and skills enhancement of all IT department team members when/where required.
• Provide support and administration of a hybrid Office365 Exchange environment to include replication of the local directory to the cloud assets.
• Review system logs and alerts and respond according to documented procedures.
• Support network backup, recovery, and archiving activities (BURA).
• Document all resolution activities and customer contact (calls, E-Mails, web forms, chat sessions, or voicemails) into the correct ITSM tool.
• Conduct desk-side support when required to resolve customer Incident or Request tickets.
• Install and troubleshoot a variety of software packages within a primarily Microsoft Windows based environment with some iOS devices.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve Tier-III hardware and software tickets using knowledge, experience, and standard operating procedures.
• Per process, document and escalate vendor tickets.
• Develop and promote standard operating procedures and the population and use of the Knowledge Management System (KMS).
• Ensure proper IT system and data security is practiced at all times.
• Support management reporting, information flow, and process planning.
• Show initiative and act independently to resolve tickets, manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects/tasks to completion.
• Effectively communicate by phone or in person and handle difficult situations and customers.
• Track and manage tickets to ensure timely and agreed resolutions and solutions.
• Concisely and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to the customer and management.
• Ensure actions support documented processes and procedures to meet or exceed operational Service Level Agreements (SLA) with the business partners.
• Working knowledge of virtualized environments (ESX or Hyper-V), (Microsoft Server 2008R2, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC), Active Directory Security best practices, Exchange Tools, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, remote desktop, Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla, workstation and peripheral hardware troubleshooting, imaging best practices, anti-virus tool operations, basic SaaS connectivity, software licensing, client VPN capabilities, and third party applications such as Adobe.
• Knowledgeable of process and technology such as; ITSM Tools (FootPrints, Cherwell, or Remedy), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), provision user shares, BURA activities and tasks, network storage, basic TCP/IP and DNS, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Windows 8, SharePoint, mobile device support (iOS & Android), user shares, print servers operations, and Active Directory security and permissioning.
• Federal, State, Local government
• Multi-vendor environments
• Ability to:
• Work on-call or extended hours as required.
• Work independently using all available resources to resolve tickets and ensure service delivery.
• Troubleshoot and resolve tickets within documented service level timelines.
• Provide accurate, professional, and timely documented updates to all assigned tickets.
• Follow and execute documented and approved policy, processes, and procedures.
• Lift and move IT equipment up to 35 pounds between rooms, facilities, and vehicles.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with users and technical support.
• Show initiative and act independently to resolve tickets, manage multiple priorities, and follow through on customer engagement.
• Operate in an ITSM, specifically ITIL based, environment.
• Be a self-starter who is highly organized, learns quickly and retains that knowledge to apply to customer solutions.
• Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information technology, or a related field. Significant related experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Requires current, valid driver’ s license with a clean driving record.
Five or more years working in an IT service organization, working within
• Virtualized environments (ESX or HyperV)
• Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and Microsoft Exchange Tools.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP functionality
Required Certifications: Possess, or obtain within six months of hire: Microsoft MCSA (Server 2008 or 2012) and CompTIA Security+
Microsoft MCSE 2003 greater
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities