Senior Process Engineer - Construction
1133 Aladdin Ave San Leandro, CA 94577 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our Client's team.
General Job Description:
This position is responsible for independently delivering engineering services, from conceptual design through construction completion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Expert in project planning, coordination, and execution
- Independently complete conceptual design through construction drawing development for multiple small and medium-sized standard projects simultaneously
- Create conceptual designs certified to Building Codes, Energy Codes, and LEED standards
- Responsible for design calculations, design and layout of equipment, medical gas piping, laboratory gas piping, and process piping systems
- Excellent understanding of applications engineering such as bio-pharmaceutical, manufacturing lab, and semiconductor fabrication facilities
- Appropriate engagement of engineering applications and/or managers in project decisions
- Proactively communicate and coordinate project designs with Project Management,
- Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners
- Conduct economic and energy analyses
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem-solving/troubleshooting, as required
- Responsible for the quality of design drawings and models
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Oversee other design team members to complete project assignments when requested by
- Strong understanding of engineering standards and project execution processes
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer license is highly desirable, but not required
- 8+ years of experience with a Design/Build Mechanical Contractor or consultant
- Excellent understanding of engineering and design fundamentals
- Thorough understanding of systems and applications
- Excellent familiarity with Building Codes and industry standards
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.