Senior Network Engineer
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg 70173 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our Client's team.
In this role, you will design, model, configure, install, and test the latest data center network (SDA/SDN/enterprise) and network security infrastructures (Firewall/IPS/IDS/SIEM) systems for DoD, government, and private companies. You will implement and integrate complex network systems and technologies such as software-defined access (SDA), software-defined networking (SDN), data center infrastructure, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS) / intrusion detection systems (IDS,) packet brokers, switches, routers, wireless access and bridging infrastructures, authentication and security control devices technologies for on premise, and hybrid deployments within an Information System (IS). Essential responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with stakeholders and network/system domain experts to define requirements.
- Analyzing, and presenting technical and operational solutions, alternatives, and final recommendations to various audiences (technical/engineering, project management, influential stakeholders, and senior leader/executive/decision makers).
- Design, implement, and document functional multifaceted IS networks to deliver quality product to the customer, facilitate project success and resolve challenges as they arise
- Researching new technologies to understand implementation requirements, understand implications for integration with other systems, and deliver enhancements and efficiencies to the end user.
- Developing and implementing network security strategies, architectures, and rulesets to be implemented at an enterprise level with integrated dependencies
- Performing IS cybersecurity/hardening functions and audits of existing network infrastructures including IP addressing, hosted devices, circuit loads, and traffic flows
- Creating and supporting disaster recovery procedures and continuity of operations plans
- Troubleshoot and debugging complex network problems and recommending operational efficiency improvements
- MS and 5 + years of the following Progressive Experience or
- BS and 7 + years of the following Progressive Experience
- Designing, implementing operating, and maintaining enterprise data center network and/or network security technologies and providing end-user support
- Knowledge of DoD Regulations, Standards, Policies and Procedures for Information Systems (IS)
- Working knowledge of DoD DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Strong MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio (preferred)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) ***or*** Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP)
- Able to meet the following qualifications within 90 days: DoD IA Workforce Qualifications (DoD 8570.01-M) - Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II or higher
- Specialized in at least one of the following data center or enterprise network security architectures: Software Defined Access, Software Defined Networking Firewall Architectures, IPS/IDS Architectures, Identify Management, Zero Trust, Break and Inspect, Enterprise WAN/LAN
- Enterprise core services such as DNS, DHCP, NTP, and Directory Services
- Information system (IS) device hardware requirements to include physical space, power & cooling
- Transmission mediums to include copper cabling (Ex. CAT5E, CAT6) and fiber cabling (Ex. OS2, OM4)
- Enterprise-Class Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center (DNA Center), *or* Enterprise-Class network security hardware:/software Cisco NextGen Firewalls (Firepower Threat Defense), Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls, IPS/IDS (Tipping Point), Packet Brokers, Cisco ISE, F5, and other related DoD enterprise hardware
- 3+ of the following Network Operating Systems (NOS): IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, NX-OS, AireOS, ASA, FTD, Junos OS, PAN-OS, or equivalent
- 1+ of the following Operating Systems (OS): Window Server OS, Linux OS, Unix OS, or equivalent
- 1+ of the following network transport technology: MPLS, BGP, IS IS, OSPF
Knowledge of the Following:
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies for Access, WAN, & Data Center
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Packet Broker, Load-Balancer technologies
- Voice & Video Collaboration infrastructure and technologies to include Call Manger/Gateway and Endpoints
- Data Center infrastructure, Service Provider infrastructure and/or Security Control infrastructure
- Cloud infrastructure, Virtual Server Infrastructure (VSI) and/or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure
- Project management life cycle framework to include Initiation, Planning, Execution and Closure
- Coding languages including Python and Ansible
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.