Senior IT Infrastructure & Operations Engineer
2580 Shea Center Drive Livermore, CA 94551 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior IT Infrastructure & Operations Engineer to join our Client's team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Infrastructure Management: Oversee, maintain, and enhance the organization's existing IT infrastructure, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Problem Solving: Troubleshoot high-level hardware, software, and networking issues, making sure that operational efficiency is not compromised.
- Project Management: Lead IT projects, ensuring they are completed within the stipulated timeline and within budget. This includes identifying and allocating resources, managing timelines, and coordinating with different teams and stakeholders.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Work in close association with various teams, supporting their technical needs, and collaborating on cross-functional projects.
- Coaching & Development: Mentor and guide junior team members, sharing your technical expertise, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Security & Compliance: Implement and manage security protocols and ensure the organization's IT infrastructure adheres to compliance standards.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors, ensuring the delivery of high-quality products/services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing complex IT infrastructures.
- Prior experience managing small-well integrated IT Teams
- Experience with network design and implementation, including knowledge of network protocols, VPNs, firewalls, and routers.
- Strong understanding of IT security protocols and compliance standards.
- Experience in scripting and automation tools.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A proven record of mentoring and coaching junior team members.
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.