Senior Help Desk Engineer / System Support Engineer
7279 William Barry Blvd North Syracuse, NY 13212
Job Summary: The Senior Help Desk Engineer / System Support Engineer will primarily support both hardware and software related needs for an end user community of approximately 275+ users in a manufacturing environment. This role will be the main escalation point onsite for all end user computing needs. This hands-on role requires supporting the Infrastructure as well as direct interaction with a diverse user base including shop floor employees, engineers, office workers, etc.
• Primary escalation point for all client hardware and software related needs
• Support client related operational tasks
o New client hardware imaging and deployments
o Application deployments and upgrades
• Windows XP/7/10 operating system support
• Business productivity and manufacturing application support
o Microsoft Office
o End user support of ERP applications (Oracle)
• Site level Active Directory object management
o User, group and computer object management
• Support of Office 365 / Exchange Online related tasks
• Support of remote users
• Basic Windows server support
• Extensive experience working with Windows 7 / 10
• Extensive experience working with Office 2013 / 2016
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
• Prior experience supporting an Engineering organization running SolidWorks
• Prior experience working with Oracle ERP
• Basic understanding of networking technologies
• Experience with Help Desk software (KACE preferably)
• Experience working with client imaging and software deployment products
• Experience working with Office 365
• Experience working in an IT environment that leverages both external and internal resources.
• Experience working with Active Directory
• Experience using Backup Exec
• Experience using SQL Server a plus
• Passion for providing world class service
• Proven analytical and technical skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the capability to work with customers at all levels
• Proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities, develop recommendations and document processes
• Proven ability to work as a team player in a cross-functional team environment
• Exceptional work ethic
• Be customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients
• Must be able to follow defined processes and develop processes where lacking
• Must be able to multi-task, as the support environment requires attention across multiple areas.
• Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required by position and assignments.
• Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated and be able to work independently. Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 7 years hands on experience
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business, IT or related field preferred
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities