Senior DevOps Engineer
225 Franklin Street Boston, MA 02110
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team at our client’ s site in Boston, MA.
As the senior member of the Technical Operations team, you will design, build and support our core infrastructure & information security systems, both in the Cloud and on Prem. Our team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design, automation and system implementation practices. We are growing as a TechOps/DevOps organization that believes in Scaling, Transforming, Automating, Innovating, having fun and making a difference.
- Strong knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Windows & Linux)
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Experience with automation tools such as Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Help to develop metrics to measure system performance and implement best practices
- Work as part of a team to discuss and collaborate on ideas and solutions
- Can-do attitude and adaptive to a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time management skills, handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines
- Solve difficult challenges while providing high level platform uptime and availability
- 5 to 7 years of Windows and Linux system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience working within AWS cloud infrastructure (S3, EC2, Glacier, EBS, ELB, Route 53, RDS, IAM)
- Demonstrated experience with VMware infrastructure supporting highly available server nodes. (VMotion, DRS, HA features)
- Knowledge of Dell EMC vSAN ready-nodes hardware
- Manage daily infrastructure tasks such as log management, Active Directory management, patching, system backups and AWS administration.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, Cloudwatch, Whatsup Gold and Cacti
- Comfortable working with IAAS solutions to automate as much as possible
- Thirst to understand new technologies and engineer integrations between systems
- Must have a security first mindset
- Ability to translate engineered solutions to detailed technical documentation
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities