Senior Database Administrator
30 South Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Senior SQL Server DBA / Database Administrator to join our team and work for our client in Colorado Springs, CO.
This is a hands-on, technical position. The qualified candidate will have broad-based technical Microsoft SQL experience along with a solid understanding of database design, schema creation, stored procedure development and tuning for custom business applications. This position will work with existing DBA on backups, job monitoring and documentation to help administer the current MS SQL environment. Experience in Crystal Reports, MS Reporting Server and DTS/SSIS packages are highly desirable. Experience working in an ITIL-based environment is a plus. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Microsoft SQL 2000 – 2016 experience in internally developed and vendor supported database maintenance and optimization.
- Strong understanding of database design, indexing, triggers, SQL Profile or Extended Events, SSMS, Transact-SQL including DDL and DML commands and Database Consistency Checkers.
- Responsible for ongoing SQL Server database configuration
- Create and maintain SQL Server scheduled jobs, monitor and resolve alert notifications.
- Microsoft SQL Server database design/management/optimization, stored procedure creation and tuning.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve business problems using best practice IT techniques, keeping in mind the capacity and limitations of the hardware/software, system response time, and form of desired results.
- Provide technical database assistance to developers, vendors and end users.
- Perform quality assurance testing and facilitate user acceptance testing as needed prior to implementing changes in to the database production environment.
- Provide regular analysis and resolution for issues that arise during and following a production deployment.
- Responsible for backup and recovery of all Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Participate in planning and installation of SQL Server databases and tools using SQL Server specifications and standards in support of the needs
- Analytical thinker able to utilize functional understanding of the various components of systems in conjunction with technical knowledge to identify effective and efficient problem resolutions.
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team environment with minimal supervision where knowledge sharing is highly regarded and expected.
- Ability to multitask effectively and manage dynamic deadlines based on relative priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics effectively both verbally and in writing with above average documentation abilities.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- ETL package design, management and conversion from DTS to SSIS a plus.
- Bonus to have the following PL-SQL, Data Warehousing and Data Analysis experience (OLAP, Data Conversion, Data Classifications and construction).
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities