Senior Data Modeler
Alexandria, VA 22314
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking for our client a senior data modeler with the skills needed to help design database solutions for its next generation software platforms.
Data modeler/Analyst with 5 or more years of experience along with strong database design and modeling background.
- 5 or more years of experience with Database Design along with strong Data Modeler background/experience. Candidates with previous database administration (DBA) experience strongly preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience with data modeling tools such as Embarcadero ER/Studio or Erwin.
- Good understanding of SQL and ability to run queries against the database for purposes of data analysis (mainly Sybase platform).
- Good documentation skills and analytical skills.
- Develop and maintain the logical and physical data models
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and database standards documents.
- Must provide assistance in creation of processes and streamlining development efforts per database standards.
- Must be well versed in configuration/version management of data models and perform ER/Studio tool maintenance, as needed.
- Must be able to enforce documented standards and provide guidance to application teams on an as needed basis.
- Be able to create/maintain data flows and other documents using Visio and other tools as necessary.
- Be able to create and maintain documentation pertinent to data architecture and standards.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and also independently on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work comfortably in Unix would be a big plus.
- Experience working in Agile environments is a plus.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, SVN and Rational suite of products.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities