Senior Data Consultant
Chicago, IL 60601
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Data Consultant to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Chicago, IL. This position can also be 100% remote for the " right" senior level individual.
Our client is a U.S.-based investment firm and consulting group who are trailblazers in investing in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. We are a group of High Energy. Passionate people that are focused on helping our partners solve the most unique problems. We help companies to realize their full potential.
You should probably read further if...
If you are a Data Consultant with heavyweight experience with in RDBMS preferably SQL and T-SQL. Our ideal candidate will have a mix of strategic, tactical, and technical skills plus a high degree of business acumen, Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities with a passion for bleeding edge technologies, please read on!
Why you want to work with us?
- You’ re looking for potential to grow at a rapidly developing tech company who has a footprint worldwide.
- Your idea of " benefits" includes a flexible work environment, great paid healthcare plan, sizeable Annual Bonus, very high ceiling on 401k match and considerable amount of VACAY!
- You want opportunities that reflect your strengths and talents. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our team members to pursue their passions both in and outside of the workplace, with ample opportunities for professional development.
- You want an office that is conveniently located in the heart of Chicago or have the flexibility to work 100% remote.
- You like working with lots of different people, tired of being the smartest person in the room and you enjoy managing projects that will have a huge impact on the future of our business
What you will be doing
We are looking for experienced Data Consultants with an eye for detail as they will be expected to partner with Sales, Finance, Support, Services, and Marketing leaders. The core mission of this role is partner with our partner companies to map existing systems, extract data and develop and execute migration plans that are instrumental in the success of our business transformation initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and map legacy systems and data structures, creating critical artifacts and documentation for the broader project team
- Partner with project team to map future state data flows and determine data transformation requirements to meet future system needs
- Develop and execute “ go live” data migration plans, ensuring high fidelity and on-time system cutover events
- Become an expert on our companies Best Practices and how we implement business systems to enable them
- Drive or participate in internal initiatives to improve our practice and Business Applications tools, processes, quality and results
Skills & Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or equivalent experience. Accounting, Finance and other technical or business degrees will be considered.
- 7 to 10 years of experience working in a systems or data-focused role
- Heavy T-SQL experience.
- Previous experience with Data Migration.
- Expertise in understanding System Architecture
- Expertise in ETL processes, including setting up AWS-based database instances as required to complete project requirements as effectively as possible
- Knowledge of various databases and system technologies, including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle.
- Experience with integrating with Salesforce is a plus.
- Familiarity with Sales, Order to Cash, Support and Professional Services business processes is preferred but not required
- Willingness to consistently travel 2-3 nights per week, 2 weeks per month
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities