Senior Cyber Systems Engineer
fEDERAL dRIVE Colorado Springs, Co 80901 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
The successful candidate will be expected to communicate and work closely with process and system owners, information technology management, Cyber peers, Program Office technical/management staff and other C2BMC Functional Areas to ensure the relevance of architecture and system designs in implementing program IA requirements. The Cybersecurity Engineer will work collaboratively across the Cyber Development, Cyber Engineering and Cyber Ops teams. The Cybersecurity Engineer will perform Cyber Products analysis, troubleshooting and anomaly resolution in the field. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of 8500.2 and SP 800-53 controls throughout various phases of the RMF authorization lifecycle.
Duties on an as-needed basis include:
- Technical documentation, surge support for authorization packages in eMASS, assessing IA vulnerabilities, engineering responses for system POA&Ms, conducting risk analysis for Risk Acceptance Requests (RARs) and providing Cyber support to the C2BMC program and customer meetings.
- Develops and publishes corporate business automation plans using cost-effective delivery technologies in support of major corporate strategies.
- Performs complex software design activities integrating multiple technologies.
- Provides architectural guidelines for all software design activities to current and future technological environments.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, planning, design, and analysis methodologies.
- Responsible for the design and architectural guidelines for current and future software technological activities.
- Will be responsible for designing C2BMC AT and DEF SW/cyber solutions that meet customer requirements.
- The position requires security engineering skills with a working knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) technology, NIST standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53.
The successful candidate must have experience in the Cybersecurity Lifecycle including:
- Generating IA requirements, creating IA architecture design, configuring IA audit tools, conducting IA verification and performing IA compliance.
- Effective interpersonal skills are required with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships.
- Excellent technical document preparation and verbal communication skills are required for the presentation of technical Cyber issues and reports to the Government, Program Management and other C2BMC Functional Areas.
- The position requires a strong working knowledge of IA concepts such as patch management, two-factor authentication, host-based security, intrusion detection, security event management and defense-in-depth.
- Must have experience in IA requirement generation, IA architecture design, IA audit tools and IA compliance for mission systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships, technical document preparation and verbal communication skills are required for the presentation of technical IA issues and reports to senior government and military officials.
- Desired experience hardening Windows and Linux servers and workstations in accordance with GPOs, IAVMs and STIGs.
- Desired recent experience and familiarity with creating/updating A&A packages.
- Network design and software engineering backgrounds are a plus.
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities