Senior Customer Technical Support Engineer (SQL Tuning/Performance)
100 South Ellsworth Ave., Suite 100 San Mateo, CA 94401
Our Client is growing fast and we’ re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. They are passionate about their people, their customers, their values and their culture! They are also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as an employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging. As a Senior Customer Technical Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of the companies Data Warehouse. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into our product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and familiar with Salesforce Service cloud. You will:
- Provide email, web, and phone support to customers and partners
- Utilize environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Partner with engineering teams in prioritizing and resolving customer requests.
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Train and mentor new and jr. support staff
- Become the subject matter expert in all things SQL
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
- 10+ years experience in a Technical Support or similar function
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex SQL queries on distributed systems/MPP (massively parallel processing) architecture
- Good understanding of query profiles and execution plans to analyze performance and make recommendations
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, SQL data types, and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Excellent ability to interpret systems performance metrics (CPU, I/O, RAM, Network stats)
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (vmware, docker, virtualbox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities