Senior Compliance Consultant
San Francisco, CA 94105
The Corporate Real Estate department is charged with managing Real Estate and Facilities Failure Risk. This position will complete the baseline risk assessment, identify risk mitigations and quantify risk spend efficiency (risk reduction per dollar spent). The role will also facilitate organizational wide compliance and risk management initiatives and drive a culture of compliance and risk management to enable the business to effectively and efficiently manage risk and compliance.
Assist Corporate Real Estate team with the facilitation of compliance and operational risk assessments, mitigations, controls effectiveness/testing and metrics development.
Support compliance and risk management related deliverables and commitments in the integrated planning process.
Understands and provides support to departments to perform risk assessments, map compliance-related processes and develop appropriate documentation.
Demonstrates advanced understanding of risk methodologies and compliance concepts.
Develops and evaluates risk models and test plans for effectiveness.
Provides advice to assigned department(s) to facilitate the design and implementation of effective controls to mitigate risk and manage compliance requirements; evaluates and make recommendations to compliance owners.
Develops and coordinates preparation of presentation materials for various levels of management up to and including vice president.
Applies advanced knowledge to help evaluate requirements, assess risk, monitor compliance and assist department to develop effective remediation plans based on root causes.
Provide leadership and insight in evaluating control deficiencies in accordance with framework for evaluating control exceptions and deficiencies to conclude on potential impact.
Presents findings and makes recommendations to functional management and directors.
Participates in or may lead root cause analysis activities
May manage LOB projects to implement risk mitigation strategies and/or compliance remediation plans.
May identify and monitor operational risks for assigned department(s); ensures effective risk management framework is implemented for identified operational risks.
Identifies and evaluates compliance risks and facilitates the mitigation of identified risks.
Facilitates the identification of new and changing requirements # helping the assigned business unit to research and document new compliance requirements affecting LOB and works with diverse organizations to confirm ownership and implement/document controls framework, using LOB risk and compliance processes and systems documents alternatives.
Manage the BPR deliverables & reporting.
Collaborate with Corporate Real Estate team to develop and track controls to mitigate risks.
Support and maintain the compliance and risk management guidance documents.
Ensure accurate and complete records for compliance and risk management activities are maintained within line of business.
TOP THREE THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
1. Research, Analytical, Organizational Skills: Strong research, analytical and information gathering skills. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
2.Strong project management and cross-collaboration skills: Ability to partner and work collaboratively as a team player.
3.Technical Knowledge: Advance understanding of risk methodologies, compliance concepts, and facilities management background (desired).
- Strong excel, word (writing ability), and PowerPoint skills (required)
- 5 years experience at the senior consultant level
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Strong compliance and risk familiarity and expertise
- Excellent compliance and risk experience in corporate environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in compliance functions and documentation Strong research, analytical and information gathering skills Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, ensuring quality in deliverables Excellent skills in understanding complex business processes, working with the business compliance experts, and providing clear, concise guidance
- Proven ability to partner and work collaboratively as a team player; relationship building Ability to managing performance and be resourceful and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated ability in advocacy and influence, conflict resolution, and process improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Process Improvement utility industry knowledge
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills; technological saavy
Desired Qualifications Advanced degree desired Excellent Microsoft Visio skills Sharepoint design and management Utility industry experience a plus Experience in utility related regulations, benchmarking, operational efficiency evaluation, and risk assessment
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities