Senior Citrix Systems Engineer
San Antonio, TX 78234
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a IT Systems Engineer III to join our team and work at our client site in, TX.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
As a Senior System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing high-quality technical and configuration management support for the U.S. Army IMCOM G6 virtual hosting platforms on both the NIPRNET and Commercial network.
• Develop and maintain enterprise system configuration as it pertains to both virtual hosting platforms
• Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to both virtual hosting platforms
• Develop and maintain a Knowledge Base for troubleshooting and maintaining the virtual hosting platforms
• Enforce configuration management controls on both virtual hosting platforms
• Member of the IMCOM G6 Configuration Control Board (CCB)
• Provide regular reports to the government on related issues
• Provide training (as required) to government personnel
• Create/design deployment guides/tutorials for both virtual hosting platforms
• Research and resolve Server related issues, specific to both virtual hosting platforms, reported by end users
• 10+ years of enterprise system administration.
• Solid skills and experience in implementing and supporting Citrix Infrastructure technologies, Citrix XenApp and VDI.
• Solid knowledge and experience with implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policies, Permissions and applying Security Templates, Microsoft Clusters.
• Knowledge and experience with supporting VMware ESXi 6.5 hosts and vCenter.
• Familiarity with Windows Imaging and OS Deployment Solutions
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be able to effectively work well with others
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or applicable work experience)
• In accordance with AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act, personnel requiring access to government Facilities must possess a favorably adjudicated Single Scope Back Ground Check as well as a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) with a FINAL favorable investigation achieved. Additionally a favorable health assessment to include required immunizations is also required.
• Information Assurance Requirement: Per DoDD 8570.1, the contract employee must possess one of the following DoD-approved baseline certifications associated with IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP) within 6 months of start date.
• Citrix Infrastructure.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or greater.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities