Senior Business Analyst
2420 Camino Ramon, Suite 121 San Ramon, CA 94583
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our team at our client’ s site in San Ramon, CA.
Senior Business Analyst
San Ramon, CA
Contract to hire
Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain/Master Data is responsible for working cross-functionally to help design and optimize business solutions, processes and analytics for our clients. The Senior Business Process Analyst acts as the interface between business and technology teams. He/she will support process and system design improvement projects and product launches through all phases of the project life cycle. This is a customer-facing Subject Matter Expert (SME) role where the ideal candidate can speak to both business process and technical capability.
Business Process, Systems, and Analytics - Analysis & Support
Work with Supply Chain and Master Data Capabilities by interacting with Product Manager to analyze existing business processes, systems, and analytical tools to identify and document pain points and opportunities for improvement.
Develop detailed documentation (gap analyses, process flowcharts, decision tables, etc.) to aid in the understanding of business requirements and potential solution options in the areas of Demand Planning, Inventory Control, Sales History, Sell Through Analytics, and Master Data.
Consult a broad group of stakeholders to understand all requirements; negotiate a process/system solution that will meet the needs of the broader group.
Provide input and testing regarding the usability and performance needs of the solution, assisting technical teams in establishing the technical design for the project.
Lead meetings to ensure business requirements are communicated to and understood by IT teams and business users.
Provide input and support to the business during the implementation phase, including carrying out software user testing, composing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and/or conducting user training and implementation.
Serve as frontline support troubleshooting process and systems issues; provide ongoing operational support.
Work with minimal guidance from manager to deliver on high and medium complexity projects:
- Quickly develops a detailed understanding of the processes, systems, and analytics utilized by the business area.
- Consolidates input from business and technical stakeholders. Negotiates solutions to ensure a broad range of stakeholders’ needs are met.
- Overcomes challenges to move projects forward.
- Efficiently manages multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Demonstrates effective analysis and communication skills:
- Mines data to inform business process flow decisions.
- Documents complex business processes.
- Demonstrates outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Delivers well-organized, informative presentations and requirements documents.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required
- 8+ years of business process improvement experience, either as a Business Analyst or in a functional business role.
- Prior experience in the areas:
- Demand Planning – Overall demand planning process including acquisition of applicable data, alignment of data, statistical modeling, adjustments, output, consensus, tracking/monitoring, etc. Strong preference for an individual who has 2+ years as an actual demand planner.
- Inventory Control – Strong working knowledge of inventory management in the areas of receiving, transfers, repack, outbound shipments, manual adjustments.
- Sales History – Transactional data, definition and support of analytics and reporting, order management processes, etc.
- Sell Through Analytics – Working knowledge of how Sell Through process/data/analytics (e.g. manufacturer Sales to Independent Distributor; then Independent Distributor Sales to End-Customer; how distribution networks operate; etc.) is represented in a manufacturer and distributor go-to-market process.
- Master Data – Strong understanding of the inter-relationships of data throughout systems and processes.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities