Senior Business Analyst - Financial Solutions
Bedford, MA 01730
This position will function as Senior Business Analyst with the Oracle Solutions team. The position will be based in our client’ s Headquarters site in Bedford, MA, however, the position will also support additional facilities in the US (Mukilteo, WA; San Jose, CA; Syracuse, NY), as well as facilities in Garching, DE; Brno, CZ; Tokyo, JP. This position will be responsible for supporting all functional aspects of the R12 Global Template Financial Management solutions. This will include support of the following business processes:
Support of these business process will include, but not be limited to:
- Major business initiatives deploying best-in-class business solutions involving / leveraging the Oracle R12 applications
- Continuous improvement projects/enhancements,
- Day to day functional support (break / fix issues) – support of strategic Functional Help Desk partner
- Support of training requirements for business process owners and end users
- Global intercompany process execution
- The ability to facilitate business requirements and process flow discussion with cross functional end users
The position will act as a liaison with the Business Users (Process Owners / Super Users / End Users), with the overall responsibility for defining and deploying global business process solutions, unique business unit / site solutions, and application configuration for the business processes defined above.
- Overall responsibility for global business process design, build, test, implement, document, monitor and audit deployed General Ledger, Sub Ledger Accounting, Organization Structure, Chart of Accounts (CAO) Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Period End Close, Value Added Tax (VAT) Accounting, ebTax, Cash Management, and Fixed Asset Management business solutions that leverage Oracle’ s R12 functionality.
- Implement solutions leveraging standard Oracle applications technology to drive simplification and reusability.
- Ensure request sets and concurrent managers are properly scheduled to support Finance processes.
- Support of multiple Oracle EBS applications (R12.2.4).
- Facilitate business process reengineering activities with the business units to deploy solutions that conform to the Global Template solution.
- Supporting integration solutions with banks for accounts payable, and credit card processing.
- Responsible for consistently evaluating new functionality opportunities within Oracle EBS application to support business process reengineering efforts.
- Development and execution of new functionality implementation project plans.
- Facilitate ongoing Steady State business processes for deployed solutions and conduct regular global status meetings with key business partners from each business unit / region.
- Project manage / architect total business solutions to support business process optimization programs.
- In conjunction with business process owners, establish, track and manage critical KPIs for the defined business processes - supporting both Business Analytics requirements as well as business reporting requirements.
- Support all change management activities associated with the deployment of new solutions to the business. Ensure process documentation is aligned with training materials.
- Update Oracle Solutions management team on progress and project related issues.
- Partner with strategic eBusiness implementation partner(s) to lead design, configuration, test and deployment of new or enhanced functionality, business flows, and/or modules.
- Ensure test scripts are developed for various levels of testing and/or validation activity.
- Utilize approved change management processes to document and implement change.
- Analyze Oracle EBS patches for the defined business process and the associated modules in support of strategically planned patches releases as well as one off patches in support the Oracle applications.
- Develop end to end process documentation utilizing global standard tool sets that serve as foundation for test scripts, training materials and business communications.
- Support master data management in support of the defined business processes.
- Support Process Owner/ Super User / End User training curriculum / requirements as required.
- Collaborate with other Senior Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, strategic Managed Services partner, and infrastructure team members.
- Support the development of all User Productivity Kit (UPK) training curriculum material for Financial solutions.
- Support Oracle solution infrastructure requirements by facilitating processes with hosting and managed services partner.
- Instance requirements (PROD, Non -PROD, Project) – instance refreshing and patching to support all ongoing initiatives
- Develop working relationships with the business and across functional work teams to understand business requirements and guide resolution via system functionality, enhancement and/or business process change
- Analyze current processes, and implement most cost effective and best practice process changes to accommodate the implementation of the system
- Strong operational knowledge base
- Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy business personnel
- Excellent project management, time management, and facilitation skills on process design and change management
- Accountability - well respected by functional leaders and peers with meeting deliverables
- Established as a credible resource and leader relative to functional area of expertise
- Track record of being a team player
- Collaborates with others on work and problem resolution
- Brings unique skills and perspectives on business needs and requirements
- Strong communication / facilitation, interpersonal skills
- Travel up to 50% of the time (locations in US and EMEA)
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years of Oracle R12 Implementation experience (at least 2 successful implementations / upgrades involving the R12 platform).
- Strong operational experience in multiple process areas – Finance, with working knowledge of supplemental transactions in the following modules: Order Management, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Planning, Service.
- Basic Project Management capabilities – the ability to define, execute a project plan to achieve project deliverables.
- Experience working with solutions that involve multi-national process execution.
- Complete understanding of the EBS application implementation life cycle process.
- BS / BA – Computer Sciences or related functional area.
- Experience supporting SOX requirements – internal and external auditing.
- Experience supporting FDA compliance management.
- Basic skills in SQL, PL/SQL to support data extract, analysis in the problem resolution process.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities