Arlington, VA 22202
Client has an immediate opening for a Security Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The Security Engineer will contribute to incident response, cyber resiliency analysis, and recovery plans. Additionally, the Security Engineer will direct the web application and platform security testing. The candidate should have good experience in recognizing and remedying application vulnerability points and the handling of application critical data. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with current platform and application monitoring tools to capture anomalous activity in systems and have the responsibility to ensure that proper alert mechanisms are in place. The Security Engineer will work closely with industry partners to advise the government on security vulnerabilities and recommendations.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible for the security of applications, to include:
- Incident response and recovery plans
- Cyber resiliency analysis and planning
- Web application and platform security testing
- Designs monitoring and alerting capabilities for anomalous activity in systems
- Monitors platform and application for anomalous activity in systems
- Understands application critical data and vulnerability points
- Coordinates with industry partners to advise the government on security vulnerabilities and recommendations
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- 10 years of relevant experience
- 5 years of experience in system security analysis and implementation; secure system engineering or design; and work in protocol and/or interface standard
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities