SIEM Administrator/Splunk Certified
Annapolis Junction, MD US
Seeking an SIEM Engineer/Splunk Certified Admin to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program.
The selected candidate will be responsible for configuring the collection, parsing, correlation, and visualization of events for a critical operational system. She/he will demonstrate strong skills in system administration, log management, event correlation, and threat detection and will support building and maintaining a system that analyzes collected data and derives facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally. The individual will work on a team responsible for configuring the systems that support analysts and end-users. The successful candidate will support the collection and extraction of data used to refine existing and new reports, analytics, and dashboards, and will be involved with the drafting and creation of reports and dashboards based on end-user requirements. She/he will also support the integration of resources across teams to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
- Clearance: TS/SCI w FS Poly
- At least 8 years of related experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, ArcSight, Splunk.
- Splunk Certification
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk core components, including indexers, forwarders, search heads, and cluster managers.
- Experience with configuration and administration of Splunk ingestion and forwarding for new and existing applications and data.
- Experience with troubleshooting Splunk dataflow issues between the various Splunk core components.
- Experience configuring and deploying data collection for a variety of operating systems and networking platforms.
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SIEM tools.
- Experience working with monitoring systems supporting auditing, incident response, and system health.
- Understanding of networking components and devices, ports, protocols, and basic networking troubleshooting steps.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues with log feeds, search time, and field extractions.
- The ability to troubleshoot problems related to data solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Assurance, or a related discipline.
- Security+ Certification.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification.
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification.
- Cybersecurity certifications.
- Formal SIEM training.
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience.
- Experience and talent in data visualization.
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SIEM Tool.
- Experience working on an Agile team/program.
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.