SDLC Engineer II
2001 16th Street Mall Denver, CO 80202
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a SDLC Engineer II to join our team and work at our client site in Denver, CO.
Our client is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. The company owns and operates kidney dialysis centers and home peritoneal dialysis programs domestically in 43 states. They are headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
As a member of the Enterprise DevOps Team, the DevOps Engineer is expected to work with Dev, QA and Production Operations to serve as a technical SME responsible for the IT Operations Platform as a Service offering. Design, build and execute against the Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings Ingrate and help define requirements for the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings Automate infrastructure and platform service offerings Create the design, implementation, and ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability. Serve as a top-tier technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drives escalation/resolution of problems into Development, QA, and Operations teams. Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for managing the SCM and Development Operations environments. Adopt, customize and implement industry standard DevOps policies and DevOps procedures. Provide Sr. Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team. Work closely with strategic planning groups to provide future technologies direction that fits executive vision. Develop and define process and procedure to proactively manage all pre-production and production environments. Work with multiple in-house external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams enterprise-wide to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering with at least 5 years of senior level server administration experience in large scale production environmnets
- Experience working with Continuous integration/deployment pipeline using technologies or similar to GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle. Experience with any container orchestration technologies Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Mesosphere Understand and experience working on the Database side, Oracle, DB2
- Written simple queries in SQL to pull data from Database and Integrated these Jobs into Jenkins or any CI/CD tool Worked closely with Database admins and developers, understand their needs from application support/operations perspective
- Proven track record implementing a metrics driven methodology and delivering high-level solutions in an agile environment Strong understanding of Development, QA workflow and process
- Deep understanding of n-tier and client/server environment models. Experience working with Database management, DB server clustering and database instance management
- Proven ability to conceptualize and implement new infrastructure architecture based off business requirements.
- Experience with deployment configuration and automation Proficient in scripting languages; and deployment configuration/automation Strong people skills (stakeholder management skills to build and foster internal relationships)
- Demonstrated leadership through influence.
- Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Highly analytical, technically proficient and able to learn new tools quickly
- Effective Communicator reporting accurate information that is clear, concise and visual. Must have superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills Understanding of IT operations (server, databases, storage, network, security, COTS applications, storage) Anticipates potential threats (risks) to projects prior to becoming an issue and pursues mitigation Proven track record of delivering multiple parallel initiatives
- Strong project skills to build/edit project schedules, managing dependencies, schedule shifting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to analyze detail data, what if analysis, etc. Experience using collaborative tools
Bachelors Degree in Computer Technology or Similar
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities