SATCOM Field Engineer
12515 Academy Ridgeview Colorado Springs, CO 80921
SATCOM Systems Field Engineer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Satcom Systems Field Engineer to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our client is a Colorado-Springs based signal processing systems and Software Company who is a trailblazer in both the Commercial and Federal aerospace and defense industry. Specializing in ground data networking, and RF links by becoming the market leader in satellite test and satellite ground systems. Even after 20 years the company continues to grow with a combination of an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative products, and gifted employees
- Perform installation, testing, and verification of satellite earth terminal(s) and associated equipment.
- Perform C, Ku, and X band earth terminal and network asset analysis to ensure resources are capable of supporting internal or external customer operational taskings.
- Conduct earth terminal and deployed systems troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Interface with host teleport and contract maintainers to ensure operational requirements are met and/or required repairs are completed.
- Perform technical support as required on infrastructure for proper operation and also investigate and resolve inconsistencies in a timely manner to ensuring proper collection and integrity of corporate data and data products.
- Perform technical analysis of RF and associated data contained in corporate data repositories.
- Explore new innovation analysis methods and collaborate with software development to create tools that improve corporate data products as directed by management.
- Technical support, troubleshooting and system installation expertise by remote or fly-away on-site support.
- Perform Subject Matter Expert (SME) level RF interference Detection, Mitigation and Geo-location functions as required.
- Perform Author and Reviewer roles in Policy and Procedure development.
- Conduct On-the-Job Training (OJT) of new and/or more junior and personnel within the Group.
- Perform other functions as directed by management.
- Additional Requirements:
- Travel durations for each trip depends on requirements
- Able to travel to both domestic and international locations
- Able to lift 35lbs 3 ft. vertically and carry 50lbs 50ft. w/o resting
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Available for possible irregular work hours
- Able to respond to emergency calls 24/7/365
Minimum five years’ experience;
- Demonstrated operational and maintenance expertise in SATCOM products
- Demonstrated expertise in using RF Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and/or Digital Signal Processors
- Demonstrated operations and maintenance expertise in C, Ku and X band Satellite Terminals
- Advanced operations, maintenance, integration, testing and installation expertise
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Customer service oriented with ability to work with remote and global customers
- Highly developed Troubleshooting skills and ability to multitask
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated expert Analytical ability to gather and interpret data
- Demonstrated advanced Microsoft SQL Server knowledge
- Demonstrated advanced operating system and networking knowledge
Required Education: Prior experience working with design, installation, troubleshooting and repair of RF system(s) and related technologies or a graduate of a 2 year RF Technical Program/Associates Degree or equivalent military technical school training and related experience.
Security Clearance: Current DOD Secret (S) clearance on day of hire (or capable of obtaining an Interim Secret (IS) within 90 days of hire) with the ability to maintain an active clearance throughout employment.
Security+, Network+ or similar
VSAT operational experience, such as indirect, a plus
Knowledge of electrical wiring, grounding, and installation
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities