175 North Street, NW Washington, DC 20035
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a dynamic SAN/NAS Engineer to work at our client site in Washington, D.C. This is an outstanding opportunity with a government integrator that will offer the ability to support cloud-based storage solutions at the enterprise level.
We are looking for an experienced Storage SAN/NAS systems integration engineer with 3-4 years of contiguous hands-on Cloud Storage and SAN/NAS engineering experience in identifying and defining requirements, evaluating, designing, installing, configuring, and implementing Cloud Storage and SAN/NAS solutions (Dell EMC) on large-scale enterprise platforms.
The primary scope of duties for the Cloud SAN/NAS systems integration engineer shall include functioning as a Cloud Storage, SAN/NAS subject matter expert in which said candidate will analyze, capture, architect, design, test, implement, troubleshoot, and provide system improvement recommendations. The candidate will also develop and update Operations Guides for NOC/Operations engineers.
Additional duties for which the candidate shall demonstrate experience for the Cloud Storage SAN/NAS systems integration engineer position include:
- Follow an SDLC (system development lifecycle) using proper change control processes and procedures to implement large-scale enterprise technical solutions via phased, multi-implementation platform deployments by identifying and defining requirements, detailed system designing and development, security and system testing, and release.
- Creation of system model and system architecture diagrams and designs, system test plans & test cases, implementation plans, and operations guides.
- Function as a subject matter expert for SAN/NAS Tier 3 troubleshooting, support, and improvement recommendations.
- Working Quality Assurance and project management knowledge, processes, and procedures.
- Performing work without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in the determination of technical objectives of assignments.
Qualifications, Detailed Knowledge, and Required Experience:
- SAN/NAS Technologies utilizing EMC products
- VNX Series 1 and 2
- Block Replication Technologies, specifically Dell EMC RecoverPoint
- NAS Replication Technologies (Isilon SyncIQ, VNX ReplicatorV2)
- Cisco MDS Directors and Switches
- IP addressing, subnets, gateways, ports, protocols.
- Disaster Recovery planning
Supplemental/Preferred Additional Qualifications/Experiences:
- Other storage technologies such as NetApp and Purestorage
- Distributed File Systems and Object Storage: such as IBMCOS, Cloudian, Dell EMC ECS, Scality, Western Digital, or equivalent
- Dell EMC Unisphere
- Experience with enterprise level backup software.
- Four-year bachelor’ s degree in a technical, engineering, or scientific field or equivalent experience.
- ITIL Foundations certification
- U.S. Citizenship, Active Level 6 Public Trust (SF85P and Credit (NACI BI)) (Secret-level preferred)
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities