SAN Administrator / DevOps Support
2001 16th Street Mall Denver, CO 80202
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a SAN Administrator / DevOps Support to join our team and work at our client site in Denver, CO.
Our client is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. The company owns and operates kidney dialysis centers and home peritoneal dialysis programs domestically in 43 states. They are headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
The SAN Administrator / DevOps Support position is responsible for day-to-day administration of all aspects of DaVita’ s SAN environment that is dedicated to our SDLC team, including a variety of storage devices, fiber channel switches, networking, iSCSI transport layer, and backup administration. This position will also assist with other aspects of DevOps Infrastructure Support, including Docker, Mesosphere, API-based access to SAN devices, and various automated deployment methodologies. This position will interact closely with Software Developers as well as Storage Administrators to ensure maximum service availability and responsiveness to SAN-related issues. This employee is expected to provide generalized support across multiple technical areas, and may be placed in the after-hours on-call rotation.
- Provide support for storage devices from IBM, Dell/EMC, NetApp, PureStorage and HP.
- Provide support for Fiber Channel and iSCSI-based systems.
- Provide support for a dynamic DevOps Infrastructure that includes a large mix of technologies and methodologies.
- Provide support for Brocade switches.
- Provide support for enterprise CommVault backups.
- Participate in monthly on-call rotation.
- Work with all IT departments on problem analysis and resolution.
- Participate in full ITIL-based methodology for Change Control, Problem Management, Service Management, and Capacity Management.
- Knowledge of industrustry-standard API-based access to storage resources
- Knowledge and experience in a highly-dynamic Agile-based software development process.
- Knowledge of cloud-based storage methodologies, including cloud-based Object File Systems and S3 support.
- Knowledge of deploying services across multiple sites, including blended private and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel. Preference for candidates with strong System Administration skills.
- Ability to work within a group setting as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, set objectives and meet them with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex scenarios and use problem-solving skills to define and implement appropriate best practices.
- College degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with managing SAN environments, including storage devices and switches.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with the support of a DevOps environment, including Agile Development process.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities