Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Reston, VA 20190 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Release Train Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Reston, VA.
As a Release Train Engineer, you manage software development and engineering support for all the processes and activities of Agile software development. You’re passionate about outcomes and supporting development teams working on critical DoD projects. You know the importance of Agile best practices and how to combat challenges early to get work done. With critical thinking and flexibility, you will work closely with end users across the DoD, intelligence community (IC), and development teams to create innovative applications that address highly technical and complex problems using the latest tools, technologies, and frameworks to enable intelligence analysts to better sift through the plethora of raw data and turn them into valuable intelligence.
- 8+ years of experience with IT
- 5+ years of experience with leading Scrum, Agile, or SAFe teams
- 2+ years of experience in interacting with clients and providing program support across multiple Agile teams
- Experience with coordinating product development activities across the program, workstream, or project and developing requirements
- Experience with providing input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Experience with evaluating Sprint Reviews and Demos
- Experience with managing and maintaining a Program Increment Backlog
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Jira, including the use of Jira Dashboards and Advanced Roadmaps
- Experience with leading Agile transformation efforts and working collaboratively to establish or incrementally improve large solution Agile processes
- Experience with supporting intelligence or operations analysis in the DoD or IC
- Experience with software engineering and development
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence, including project administration
- Master's degree in IT, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering
- Agile or SAFe Certification, including SAFe Program Consultant or SAFe Release Train Engineer
Security Clearance: TS/SCI REQUIRED
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.