Release Project Manager - (Korean Speaking)
San Jose, CA
As a release project manager, you will be working with the teams both here in San Jose and in Samsung Headquarters in Korea to assist with release management across multiple products and components.
We re looking for someone who has a strong background in managing releases at scale, and enjoy working on multiple projects on fast pace. You handle changing priorities and tight deadlines with grace. You are passionate about getting releases out efficiently and able to take an unbiased perspective while listening to opinions from all sides.
You need to be fluent in Korean as your main responsibility is to work with the Samsung Headquarters release management team on communications and coordination.
- Coordinate with Samsung release management team (based in Korea) on issues/schedule affecting releases and provide clear effective inter/intra team communications
- Ability to read/write/speak Korean fluently, native speakers preferred
- Willingness to work evening hours frequently to communicate with the team in Korea during their day time
- Be able to listen and understand the requirements and issues from all teams and maintain a neutral position
- Very detail-oriented and be able to monitor issues that would affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Coordinate and contribute to release documentation
- Communicate release details to stakeholders at all levels
- Build relationships with technical teams with the ability to influence change
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional software teams as project manager
- Detail and action-oriented
- Experience managing projects within the agile/scrum or similar methodology
- Familiarity with bug tracking and reporting capabilities of systems like Jira, YouTrack, or similar
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Love to get into the details and understand the technology you are working on at a deeper level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some prior experience in engineering or programming capacity is a plus
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities