RTOS Software Engineer
Woodman I 25 Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Senior Embedded C++ Software Engineer to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO. This opportunity offers a chance to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Our client is a small but growing company that manufactures and sells GNSS signal distribution products, solutions and services to commercial, government and DoD customers globally. They have a great internal work culture, are forward thinking and offer many opportunities for advancement.
- Partner with the embedded and real-time software personnel in all aspects of the design
- Develop detailed plans with resource schedules and guide product development to delight customers
- Define software architecture.
- Define/Capture project software development requirements.
- Follow the company’ s engineering and quality processes.
- Develop software for embedded applications. Object-oriented principles are preferred.
- Estimate project software development effort and deliver on-time.
- Report progress using data and metrics.
- Actively find ways to innovate.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Due to the nature of our work you must be eligible for a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. An active Secret clearance is a plus.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline. MS or PhD degree is a plus.
- 10+ years professional experience in software engineering and product development.
- Experience managing software teams.
- Demonstrated experience with embedded and real-time hardware environments.
- Software development in C/C++, OOP/OOD.
- Understanding of embedded bus structures, processing, and I/O and memory chipsets.
- Experience working with both DOD SW development standards and Agile Engineering practices.
- Cross-functional collaboration and Product Development.
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Deep-dive analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to quickly synthesize and clearly report relevant information.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and testing tools.
- Familiarity with quality standards for industry and government.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities