RS EBS Senior Application Management Analyst - Purchasing
10353 Richmond Ave Houston, TX 77042
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an EBS Systems Manager to join our team and work at our client site in Houston, TX.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of the world' s most advanced drilling solutions. At our client, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase up-time and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe. They are headquartered in Houston, TX
We are looking for an experienced individual, to work within our Application Management group which is part of the National Oilwell Varco, Rig Systems Division. The individual will bring expertise, knowledge, and experience to the ERP project as a key Purchasing expert with drive.
This global position interfaces with a large number of business, technical and support users. Working with internal and external consultants and business users, the Application Management team designs, builds, implements, and maintains a globally common way of working for the Purchasing function within the ERP system, and support the launch and implementation of new NOV organizations.
The EBS Application Analyst-Purchasing position combines business knowledge and an understanding of the innerworkings and configuration options of multiple Oracle EBS modules. This position requires the ability to troubleshoot business problems and recognize opportunities in requirement gathering and recommended solutions to enable organizations to achieve its goals. This role will facilitate and improve communication between business and technical resources.
Essential Functions include:
- Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group;
- Recommend business process improvements;
- Research ways to identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients; gather requirements, create design documents, and perform impact analysis for application changes; plan and organize tasks and report progress.
- Develop solutions to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Supply Chain areas (Purchasing, iProcurement, iSupplier, AME, etc.) and Business Objects.
- Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery.
- Work with existing systems to track and manage issues and enhancement opportunities.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing.
- Understand and modify the Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options, etc.).
- Conduct user sessions for requirement and testing.
5+ years Oracle application experience with Purchasing modules (Purchasing, iProcurement, iSupplier, AME, etc.)
3+ years of business experience in the Supply Chain arena.
Knowledge of Business Objects is preferred with expertise in performing configuration and setups for Oracle Supply Chain modules.
Verifiable prior work experience in Oracle Purchasing and Supply Chain Management required
Demonstrated skills include:
- Ability to prepare and maintain implementation documents;
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database and development tools (PL/SQL,
- SQL Plus, Forms, Reports);
- Working knowledge of software development and support methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly; strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking,
- Organizational skills and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others;
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items;
- Interpret user requirements to determine best solution and business process;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone? s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.