RF Electrical Engineer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an RF Electrical Engineer / Radio Frequency Engineer for a full time, permanent opportunity in Denver, CO (Aurora) to work on an exciting project. This position does require a current TS/SCI Clearance, (could consider Top Secret or a Q Clearance) and offers a sign on bonus, excellent benefits and a competitive salary!
Offering a $10K sign-on bonus!
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Sr. Radio Frequency (RF) Electrical Engineer to provide support to a satellite ground station program. This role will provide operational support to existing in-service ground systems, development support to system upgrades in work, and technical design and cost estimation support to Bid and Proposal activities related to the current system. The qualified candidate will have experience performing electrical engineering and RF communication design and analysis activities, e.g. link analyses, gain distributions, distortion parameter allocations. They will also have experience developing system specifications and other architectural artifacts. An active US Government Top Secret / SCI clearance is required as of day one for this position and US Citizenship.
- Active US Government TS/SCI security clearance
- RF Communications or electrical engineering system design experience / Radio Frequency Communications
- Knowledge of satellite ground station architectures and designs
- Knowledge of COTS hardware typically used in ground system designs
- Experience troubleshooting satellite ground stations at the component, subsystem and system level
- Experience using electrical test equipment (i.e., spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters)
- Experience developing various kinds of design artifacts
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment with responsiveness to customer desires
- Ability to travel on occasion, domestically or internationally for up to 4 weeks at a time
- 6 years of related work experience
- Experience verifying hardware subsystem requirements via test
- Experience using and configuring baseband hardware (i.e. modulators, demodulators, frame synchronizers)
- Familiarity using Linux-based systems, e.g. basic CLI commands, editing files
- Experience performing trade studies, making design recommendations, and identifying potential vendors for the proposed solution
- Experience developing a Bill of Materials (BOMs) for a system, including coordination of procurement with supply chain and logistics
- Familiarity with requirements management processes
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities