405 Howard Street Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105
Group: Risk and Financial Analytics
Location: San Francisco
Job Description and responsibilities
The client is looking for a quantitative QA for its software development team, responsible for developing risk and financial products targeting integration of credit risk modeling and finance/accounting process within banking/financial institution. Initial product includes using credit risk parameters in the financial reporting for reserve management/stress testing and disclosures reporting. Responsibilities will include create test cases for financial calculators, automation of regression cases, and occasional client support.
Here is a non exhaustive list of tasks that you will have to perform:
- Work with product manager / researcher to validate functional specifications and acceptances criteria
- Collaborate with developer to align development tasks and acceptances test cases
- Generate test cases to validate acceptance criteria and to ensure the stability of the product.
- Use Python to automate test case generation and regression suites, with occasional prototyping to validate the results produced by calculators
- Ensure that all fixes, known issues, and changes history are properly validated and documented
- Assist support and development team to qualify, replicate, fix, and validate cases raised from client-facing teams
The ideal candidate should have:
- Some years of experience in a financial institution, working with credit risk modeling, ALLL calculation, and/or financial/accounting reporting software
- Working knowledge of scripting language (Python, R) to automate test cases creation and acceptance testing. Exposure to AWS S3 storage and Spark distributed calculation engines is a plus.
- Comfortable performing statistical and numerical analysis with large data sets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, especially in creating a positive and efficient working environment
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities