Quality Assurance Specialist
10353 Richmond Ave Houston, TX 77042
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team and work at our client site in Houston, TX.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of the world’ s most advanced drilling solutions. At our client, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase up-time and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe.
Flexibility with working hours, such as, 7: 30-4: 30 or 8: 30-5: 30
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for designing, documenting, and executing test cases to ensure the
release of high-quality Business Intelligence solutions. They will conduct testing for application software changes and/or
new releases along with writing test cases, documenting test procedures and results, and maintaining valid test scenarios. The QA Specialist must be able to work closely with all resources, focused on a commitment to quality.
- Knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
- Familiar with reporting and visualization applications testing
- Ability to create clear, concise defect submissions
- Knowledge of browsers and testing on various platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot software defects and identify root cause issues
- Perform data validation by querying against various source databases
- Possess excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Have experience working on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
- Design, develop, enhance, and execute comprehensive test case scenarios that will fully test end-to-end software
- Identify deficiencies in software during testing and assist development staff with analysis and corrections
- Proficient in use of MS Office products, including TFS.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.