14810 Grasslands Drive Englewood, CO 80112
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Product Analyst to join our team and work at our client site in Englewood, CO.
Our client’ s Platform & Network Integration Automation development team is seeking an experienced developer with experience in building and deploying systems and APIs written in Python to join their team. Role will be responsible for the implementation, testing, and documentation of automation systems designed to support Engineering.
The current tech stack is built using Python 2 and 3, Flask, NodeJs, Hapi, MongoDb, RethinkDB, and MySQL.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with various engineering groups to understand requirements, constraints, and design goals
- Participate in code reviews and refactoring
- Work with other team members to estimate development effort based on user stories
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, design, recommend and execute the best solution
- Develop software that meets design specifications and requirements
- Deliver technology demonstrations to stakeholders at points within development process for review
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution
- Research and develop new technologies for possible inclusion in solutions
Required Skills / Experience:
- 3+ years software development experience
- Python development experience
- Solid knowledge of Python best-practices, task/job queue systems, threading and package architecture
- Expert grasp of Computer Science/Engineering including data structures, data modeling, algorithms, distributed systems and software design.
- Proficiency at querying SQL and NoSQL databases and ability to build and maintain processes to retrieve and integrate data from various sources.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming models and concepts.
- Linux command line skills
- Proper use of source control such as Git and Subversion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience building RESTFUL HTTP APIs
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Experience with NodeJS and Express or Hapi frameworks
- Experience with network infrastructure including familiarity with DOCSIS, PacketCable, and device provisioning models
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.)
- Understanding of networking technologies and concepts
- Installation, operation, and configuration of Linux/Solaris/*nix-based systems
- Database design, deployment, and tuning using MySQL, RethinkDB, MongoDB
- understanding of network protocols (TCP, UDP, DHCP & DHCPv6, DNS, LDAP, SNMP) and others
- CI / CD experience and knowledge
- Enthusiastic about testing best practices (unit testing, continuous integration, performance and load testing)
- Agile practices
Application Testing – Intermediate, 2 years
Development Methodology and Procedures – Intermediate, 2 years
Linux – Intermediate, 2 years
Object-Oriented Programming – Intermediate, 2 years
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities