20393 SW Avery Ct. Tualatin, OR 97062 USA tualatin, OR 97062
The Traction Power business unit of Siemens regularly bids on projects to supply electrical substation and overhead catenary equipment in the US and Canadian rail market.
The candidate will be responsible to prepare budgetary and binding technical and price proposals in response to Requests for Proposals from our customers, especially for overhead catenary equipment related bids
Together with the Head of Business Development and Customer Account Managers and engineering team, the candidate will be responsible to prepare a bid or proposal strategy to maximize the probability to win and secure the opportunity for the business.
The position reports to the Head of Business Development of the Siemens Rail Electrification Unit Responsibilities and its scope of work consists in:
- Coordinate efforts with the engineering, production and procurement department within the organization to successfully prepare the bid on time and to the customer requirements;
- Receives and reviews the Request for Bid/Proposal documents from the Customer and evaluates the scope that Siemens bid on and the requirements that will need to be complied with to prepare a compliant bid;
- Reviews Technical Specifications and Drawings that are part of the Request for Bid/Proposal on and develops a work breakdown structure, scope or bill of materials and prepares a detailed cost calculation sheet;
- Prepares technical bid package for Siemens' vendors and coordinates with procurement to obtain vendor proposals;
- Reviews vendor proposal with Engineering and Procurement for technical and contractual compliance and prepares cost comparison to determine most beneficial vendor;
- Estimates project management, testing and construction man/hours needed for delivering the project.
- Works with engineering to prepare technical solutions for the Proposal and prepares Siemens scope proposal and approach for the bid.
- Prepares delivery plan and schedule for the bid including cash forecast Performs bid risk review and assessment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in electrical engineering preferred;
- 5 Years in electrical substation engineering, project management, or estimating;
- 5 years in electrical substation estimating or construction industries;
- Work experience as project manager and/or bid manager for big projects (especially for overhead catenary system) is preferred;
- 10 years work experience;