Project Manager 4
55 Inverness Drive East Englewood, CO 80112
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join its client' s team in Englewood, CO.
This position will project manage implementation projects.
Develops project plans and deliverables, directs all project phases and acts as primary project contact on large projects of high complexity. Participates in or develops mechanisms for establishing, monitoring and integrating all project elements, product configurations and communications concerning change management processes and decisions. Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project teams and other parts of the organization. Uses trend, earned value and variance analyses, other performance measures and risk assessments to develop plans or to recommend change. Negotiates project changes and incorporates changes into project control systems to maintain work statements, cost and schedule baselines. Transitions projects to customer for on-going support. Perform project close-out and documents lessons learned for all projects.
• Develops an integrated project schedule including critical path for the end to end tasks and activities necessary to successfully implement the product or service of the project and ensures resources and dependencies are identified. Ensures assigned resources are executing as planned. Provides tracking and reporting to plan and develops and mentors project teams on implementation of recovery plans as necessary.
• Facilitates communication of project health and status with project teams, stakeholders and sponsors, and senior and executive level management as agreed and identified in individual Project Communication Plans. Prepares and participates in risk, issue and opportunity identification and mitigation or capture sessions and escalates to project or program leadership when assistance is required to remove road blocks. Creates and ensures adherence to an operating rhythm conducive to other required reporting or briefings including gate, phase or iteration reviews. Captures and documents all lessons learned or after action, review comments and provides summary briefings as necessary.
• Leads others and directs all phases of assigned projects by utilizing program and project methodologies, systems, tools and quality standards as defined by our company in developing project plans and deliverables that meet identified requirements. Develops and maintains (through version control) the documented project organization structure including Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability (RAAs) of each team engaged on the project.
• Monitors, tracks, and controls change to the projects through formal change control management of requirements, configuration, performance measures, cost, schedule, project organization structure, and technology environment (release schedules, infrastructure changes, etc.).
• Establishes alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the project. Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative interpersonal working relationships with others.
• Provides motivation, leadership and mentors project team members including less experienced project managers outside the project. Provides feedback and performance assessments to appropriate management in a timely manner and addresses and ensures conflict among project team members is resolved.
• Analyzes project performance measures (including earned value) to determine options and appropriate actions to increase project performance. Coordinates and provides cost reporting and analysis on a regular schedule.
• Continuously seeks to expand and improve personal knowledge in the area of project management best practices and assists in the development and promotes adoption of new processes or changes to existing processes within the company that continue to mature the program/project management discipline.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
• Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
• Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
• Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the significant expenditure of company resources.
• Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
PM level certifications (Agile, PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt – minimum, etc), customer implementation expertise, technology knowledge (digital aviation would be nice).
Communications, Project negotiation techniques, organization.
MS Project, MS Office, Scheduling tool/time tracking (Primavera, Kronos).
Client facing experience.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities