Project Manager/ Architect
1904 Franklin Street, Suite 400 Oakland, CA 94612 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Project Manager/Architect to join our Client's team.
The Senior Project Manager/Architect is a member of FMG’s leadership team and assists clients through planning, design, and construction of facilities and buildings that are fiscally responsible, structurally sound, and sustainable and fulfill the client’s requirements. The individual is an energetic, self-motivated, and dynamic team-oriented individual accountable for the overall success of projects by guiding teams and working with clients, stakeholders, and internal leaders. The Senior Project Manager/Architect cultivates client relationships and formulates retention strategies for future work. The position requires business management and leadership acumen, organizational and time management skills, and a communicative, team approach to work.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and leadership to determine architectural and design program and scope
- Supervise teams of architects and designers working together to produce a comprehensive architectural strategy and design intent.
- Manage client, budget, schedule, and program*
- Serve as day-to-day contact throughout the life of a project, guiding project coordination and meetings with internal team members, owner, stakeholders, external consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Create and present progress reports to internal and external teams, outlining progress, project needs, and milestone goals
- Monitor the work of other architects and designers; make recommendations or schedule workshops as required
- Ensure projects adhere to local, state, and federal building codes/regulations
- Manage and track change orders and other contractual modifications*
- Determine project staffing needs and recommend personnel
- Direct client invoicing and effectively manage invoices*
- Mentor junior staff and help them develop design skills and improve their industry knowledge
- Lead participation in the production of proposals and interviews for potential projects*
Capabilities and Credentials
- Skilled at design, technical concepts and a capable problem solver who can deliver design alternatives and solutions
- Willing to stamp and sign documents, as it relates to architectural design work.
- Proven record of leadership and a portfolio of successful projects*
- Capable of establishing a positive teamwork atmosphere and supporting the development and retention of employees, including training/development/mentoring
- Display a solid working knowledge of the International Building Code and construction document preparation; excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, materials, and associated industry standards
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities*
- Ability to win work through developed relationships, proposal development and interview process Proactively take appropriate action without requiring continued direction*
- Excellent negotiator and communicator*
- Proficient in project software: REVIT, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, InDesign, MS Office Suite, Outlook
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited architectural school
- 10+ years of experience*
- Previous work experience at an architectural firm
- Must be a licensed architect
- LEED accreditation or LEED project experience preferred
- Other accreditations such as WELL Building and Design Build Institute
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.