Project Manager - Contracts & Grants
5200 Lake Road Merced, CA 95343
Job: Project Manager – Contracts & Grants
About the Opportunity
Your main tasks will include drafting, implementing, and driving the main initiative with numerous small supporting projects and workstreams from genesis to completion. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking, be highly efficient at task prioritization and time management, and be able to engage with users across all levels of the organization. The ability to coolly manage, drive, and deliver multiple projects is a requirement.
May work remotely one day per week.
• Align project objectives with university goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives.
• Create and manage project plans.
• Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress.
• Evaluate and assess result of project.
• Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors.
• Help project team with concept, design and development tasks.
• Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs.
• Lead process of issue identification and resolution.
• Lead quality assurance.
• Manage all project documentation.
• Manage risk tracking process.
• Monitor and manage scope.
• Monitor and report on project progress.
• Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
• Support and direct team members.
• Track deliverables.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
• Customer-focused mindset.
• Excellent communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Knowledge of related software tools.
• Thrives in collaborative environment.
• Working knowledge of grants management, a plus.
Education & Experience
• 2-3 or more years of successful hands-on Project Management experience.
• A documented and proven history of leading and supporting successful projects, preference given to those around Business Process Transformation and Operational Excellence.
• A documented track record of following through on commitments.
• Experience as a project manager. Preference for APM, PMP or other similar certifications.
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
• Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management.
• Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
• Knowledge of techniques and tools.
• Proficiency in project management software tools.
• Proven track record of completing customer-facing projects.
• Theoretical and practical project management knowledge.