Project Manager (DC) -- IT Infrastructure
Washington, DC 20002 US
We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to oversee and manage Information Technology project(s) and serve as a liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. The candidate will prepare project execution plan(s) and identify technical and business resources needed. The candidate will review the status of projects, manage schedules and prepare status reports. The candidate will assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. The candidate will provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
In this role you will:
- Develop and manage project plans, schedule, cost, and risk management
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOE), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and resource requirements matrix
- Effectively manage projects in JIRA utilizing agile boards
- Develop and manage various program status reports and briefings for internal and external stakeholders
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field 3-5 years of project management and related experience
- Advance knowledge of MS Suite of tools specifically MS Project & Excel (vlookups, index, match, pivot tables)
- Demonstrated experience communicating project status and plans at the executive level
- Strong understanding of Agile frameworks
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools (JIRA), methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Advanced or Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with service now
- Have knowledge of ITIM (IT Investment Management) principals & processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.