Project Director (DPM)
Rensselaer, NY 12144
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a its next passionate, highly skilled, self-motivated, experienced Program Director to join our team as we continue to provide comprehensive health coverage to more than 4.3 million New Yorkers.
We provide innovative and agile health benefit exchange (HBE) solutions that deliver the functionality required to comply by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and provide the flexibility needed to easily scale up to support future requirements.
Here' s where you come in:
You’ ll join our talented Program Executive Team. Our project is a large-scale Java web services environment. It is a three-tiered application (web, application, and database server) with multiple levels of security between each tier. We are looking for people who want to make an impact to the project.
This key role is responsible for the program management of the Operations and Sustainment activities. The role must balance the programmatic support with mission and operational focus priorities. This individual will serve as the Deputy (DPM) to the overall Program Director for the Account.
The DPM shall have in-depth knowledge/expertise in executing the SDLC or equivalent life-cycle process. The Deputy Program Manager shall represent the PM when unavailable.
Here’ s what You’ ll Do:
Collaborate -• Management of the overall change control over the program. Works in collaboration with key stakeholders across different internal/external settings to facilitate the implementation of strategic, operational and performance improvement objective
Connect – Accountable for connecting the business and the technical needs of the program, driving execution, establishing effective communication and have the customer experience firmly as their focus.
Communicate – Manage communication of system design and development activities to client. Establish and maintain effective communication throughout the program.
Develop – Promote team skill development and coaching
Direct – Execute contract administration activities. Manage all phases of programs from inception through completion.
Evaluate - Ensure that System Design and Development is performed in accordance with the existing SDLC.
Implement – Executes and oversees processes that accurately estimate design and development efforts. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
Improve - Initiates recommendations to the client for system application improvements.
Lead – Management of the planning, design, testing and implementation of the program. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. In the absence of the Program Director, the DPM is the single point of accountability, empowered to ensure the program meets its success criteria
Negotiate - Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
Here’ s what You’ ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field
- Ten (10) years of related experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing a staff of over fifty (50) in a complex IT environment.
- Five (5) years’ or more experience simultaneously managing large scale concurrent projects and effectively responding to unanticipated business priorities.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years in design, development, implementation, operations, maintenance, and modifications of a large MMIS or insurance application.
- Experience with the complete architecture and interfaces related to the current program.
- Demonstrated comprehensive experience managing the planning, developing, testing, and implementing of software application changes.
- Demonstrated comprehensive experience using the proposed software development life-cycle methodologies and COTS products.
Here are the Bonus Points:
- Healthcare experience
- Management of Software development programs with annual budgets in excess of $25M
- Masters Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Here are the Attributes for Success:
- Track record of managing large software development programs providing strategic and operational direction with a strong sense of urgency to drive issues to closure.
- Passionate about client success.
- A natural problem-solver who thrives in a collaborative environment, thinks outside of the box, communicates clearly, and is fascinated by creating solutions to challenges that have yet to be identified.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of minorities/females/vets/disability