Procurement Manager I
700 West Mineral Avenue Littleton, CO 80120
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Procurement Manager I to join our team and work at our client site in Littleton, CO.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
The Procurement Manager 1 (PM) negotiates or renegotiates new and existing agreements or statements of work of low to moderate complexity, including requests for information or requests for proposal relationships for construction labor (inside / outside plant construction, and facilities). Prepares scope documents, communication plans, and contract awards. Actively partners with legal teams and stakeholders to develop and execute negotiation strategies that include optimal targets for pricing, service, and quality. This role will also be responsible for providing statistical and analysis reports for the Construction Procurement Team. Ideally, this position will reside in the corporate office and report directly to the Construction Teams Senior Manager of Procurement in Colorado, either the Broomfield or Littleton CTL locations.
1) Major tasks include:
• Prepare statistical reporting/analysis for the Construction Procurement team and key internal customers on an ongoing basis (spend/baseline analysis).
• Prepare reports and executive summaries monitoring construction spend.
• Data Processing / Problem Resolution - analyze and do in depth research on construction spend
• Negotiation or renegotiation of new and existing agreements/sows
• RFI/RFP generation and facilitation
• Cost compression management and tracking
• Purchase forecast and variance explanation
• Monitor expense management and reduction activity as it relates to contract maintenance and escalation management
• Coordinate resources, activities, and communication within and across all organizational units
2) Key Attributes:
• Analytical and experience with sourcing approach, strategy development, execution and change management
• Familiarity with e-sourcing tools and complex, large-scale sourcing events, ERP (Oracle preferred)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (advanced Excel skills, pivot tables, query tools and Power Point)
• Telecom Construction experience (Infrastructure, inside plant, outside plant)
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to work with various levels of management within the organization
• Process management and documentation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strategic thinker
• Team player with ability to work well with their peers
• Very strong problem solving capabilities
• Experience with change management
• Analyze current state of the business
• Engage stakeholders to determine sourcing requirements
• Develop RF(x)s
• Analyze and evaluate vendors from a financial, functional, operational and risk perspective
• Negotiate commercial terms with vendors and stakeholders
• Manage Agreement / SOW creation and execution
• Management of contract expiration dates
• Management of vendor performance standards
• Implementation of price reviews
• Management of payment terms
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related area
• 2 plus years of relevant procurement experience
5) Other Job Requirements
• Experience with contracts and negotiations preferred
• Ability to influence and motivate others with new ideas and concepts
• Imports and exports good ideas - relentlessly seeks, shares, and adopts ideas and best practices - proactively seeks and provides feedback
Manages and coordinates activities of buyers and support staff engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in industrial plant, public utility, or other organization. Establishes purchasing policies and procedures and directs purchasing programs accordingly. Establishes procedures to accomplish procurement of a variety of materials in a cost-effective manner. Prepares and assigns purchase orders and change notices to purchasing agents.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities