11919 FM 529 RD Houston, TX 77041
Our client is a leading manufacturer of the world' s most advanced drilling solutions. At our client, we are harnessing the strength of knowledge and innovation that is revolutionizing the future of energy. We build on what works, using our deep expertise to help minimize risk, increase up-time and improve performance in drilling operations around the globe. They are headquartered in Houston, TX
The Materials Management Group is seeking a Planning Manager to join our team at the FM 529 location to support the Planning Group. The main responsibilities of this role include:
Manage and coordinate the activities of staff Including training, employee development, performance evaluation, hiring decisions, and the establishment of goals and performance objectives for assigned department.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Work with team to support customer demand, forecasts, and corporate inventory targets.
- Build achievable plans for execution, achieve plan consensus with site teams, identify constraints, and propose solutions that meet or exceed our on-time requirements.
- Oversee the review of purchases/orders per the system demand, manage the system recommended messages, as well as maintain work order dates that adhere to the metrics for the organization.
- Identify gaps in planning systems and work with relevant departments to resolve those issues.
- Develop a close loop process that proactively communicates anticipated late deliveries for all customer orders per management guidelines.
- Identify safety stock and forecast Issues (too much or too little) and provide that feedback to the demand management analyst.
- Create documentation and training materials for all planning and scheduling processes.
- Ensure system data is continuously updated with accurate lead times.
- Ensure that planners keep the system data up-to-date with safety stock levels, order minimums, order multiples and work order due dates (in-house as well as at outside vendors).
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage spares backlog and expedite requests
- Works with PMs to maintain schedules and progress reporting
- Reports periodically on key performance indicators
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Planning Manager
- Oracle experience is a must or ERP experience
- Manufacturing experience required
- Oil & Gas experience required
- APICS/CPIM required
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone' s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities.