55 Inverness Dr E Englewood, CO 80112
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Performance Engineer to join our client’ s team in Englewood, CO.
This position requires extensive experience and with successful results utilizing engineering software development skills to maintain production systems and help develop the next generation of flight operations services. The successful candidate will analyze engineering data and requirements to research and resolve complex customer problems regarding aircraft performance data products and services. The Performance Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert to answer customer questions and resolve issues with our runway analysis service.
- Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job: software development experience, high degree of understanding of aircraft performance
- Top 3-5 Soft Skills for culture fit: ability to understand complex problems, ability to find creative solutions, ability to remain focused under tight deadlines
- The Performance Engineer III position requires a Bachelor’ s Degree in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET-accredited university and 5-years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in fixed wing aircraft performance, systems, and operations; or a Master’ s Degree and 3-years of experience as specified above.
- Software skills required: primarily FORTRAN
- For this position we also desire 3 years of experience in each of the following: working with FAA regulations pertaining to fixed wing aircraft performance and certification; explaining complex technical information to engineering peers and non-specialists; and applying engineering problem-solving techniques and practices to technical problems and developing candidate solutions. Experience may be gained concurrently.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities