Network Solution Architect AER0000RF
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Network Solution Architect, with an Active Secret Clearance to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO. Looking for a Network Architect with a CISSP, CASP CE or CSSLP.
Job Description: Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. The Network Solutions Architect will plan and guide the evolution of network related solutions for a large mission critical network in accordance with Federal, DoD and MDA strategic objectives. Will develop and document network enterprise systems solutions in accordance with approved engineering lifecycle products and review project designs.
- The candidate must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: High School Diploma and 16 years general experience; Associate’ s degree and 14 years general experience; Bachelor’ s degree and 12 years general experience; Master’ s degree and 10 years general experience
- Must include 8 years related experience in developing information architect. DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level II approved certification within 30 days of hire
- A Cisco certification such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE. One commercially recognized IT Architecture certification
- Hands on technical network experience with a solid understanding of Cisco internal and external routing protocols
- Direct architecture and engineering experience in network infrastructure, Cisco routing and switching, WAN Acceleration services, and data center technologies
- Detailed understanding of DMVPN, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, and BGP
- Ability to perform technical validation of network architecture and designs in accordance with industry best practices and DoD policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (i.e, DoDAF, TOGAF, etc.)
- Minimum DoD Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated team building, leadership, & mentoring / instructing skills
- Local and long haul data transmission mediums experience (RS-530, T1, OC-x, etc.)
- Experience with multicast technologies
- Experience in requirements development and management
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities