Network Security Engineer
Mountain View, CA 94035 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Security Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Mountain View, CA.
The Team and Our Values:
We are a team of software engineers of various technical backgrounds and at various stages in our careers. We value diverse viewpoints and have a culture built on respect, creativity, and collaboration. We value self-motivation and self-learning; we are proactive in our actions and always eager to know more. We are always enthusiastic to share knowledge and expertise.
Our position within the Samsung organization provides us with the opportunity to build software at a scale rarely seen in the industry. At the same time, we are a small company and offer a personal and close-knit work environment. Company employees are thus uniquely positioned to meaningfully contribute to technology deployed on a global scale and play an important role in Samsung's continued innovation in the cloud industry.
We are looking for a Jr/Mid level Network Security Engineer who will be responsible for providing security architecture design and implementation, coordinating information security efforts within the company, and identifying security initiatives and standards for safeguarding information assets held by Joyent. This will involve interacting with and working closely with business managers, the executive management team, and peers.
The Security Engineer is involved with establishing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise and cloud information security tools, which includes procedures and policies designed to adequately protect enterprise communications, systems, and assets from both internal and external threats. A key element of this role is working with other technical teams within Joyent to mitigate excessive levels of risk for the organization. They must be highly knowledgeable about the business environment and must ensure that information systems are maintained in a fully functional, secure state.
- Design, develop and document industry best practices to support company initiatives while meeting performance and availability requirements.
- Collaborate with Product, Operations and Engineering organizations to understand requirements, implementation impacts, and develop security specifications around project initiatives.
- Research new security technologies and adopt suitable best practices to solve industry obstacles and security threats.
- Provide technical leadership within the area of expertise and mentor security staff.
- Ensure confidentiality, availability and integrity of cloud information systems and processes across the cloud infrastructure.
- Audit all existing security standards: to include engineering designs, implementation, and guidelines.
- Handle operational problem escalations and vendor concerns related to security.
- Deploy and maintain internal security systems such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, WAF, FIM, DDOS and internal/external vulnerability scanners and ASV’s.
- Work with business colleagues to review RFPs, RFIs etc., and provide security and risk-related input into proposals.
- Monitor the external threat environment and information security trends while keeping business leadership informed about information security-related issues and activities potentially affecting the organization.
- Serve as the information security subject matter expert for the Incident Response team and handle escalations of any possible incidents impacting the company.
- Provide guidance on prioritization and remediation of security issues.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an information security role.
- Experience as a systems admin in a Linux environment is a must.
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent experience is required.
- An advanced degree in a technology-related field is a plus.
- Technical security-related certifications are a plus:
- Industry Certifications like GIAC or CISSP
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities