Network Security Analyst 2 AS0003YL
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an Network Security Analyst to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Network Security Engineer to proactively and reactively analyze and guide remediation for vulnerabilities on customer networks to improve enterprise-wide security posture
- Perform and analyze vulnerability scans without impacting network operations
- Perform network security threat/impact assessments and provide those assessments to various levels of leadership
- Recommend, review, and report on corrective actions for identified risks
- Draft alerts and notifications for remediation of vulnerabilities
- Assist with the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program; to include dissemination, monitoring, and tracking of IAVM notifications to customers; review of IAVM Plan of Action and Milestones; and provide technical assistance as required
- Assist with host-based security across the enterprise, to include: anti-malware, host-based intrusion protection system, data loss prevention, and rogue system detection
- Respond to customer malware reports and assist in implementing protective/anti-malware measure
- Support the development, establishment, review and update of CND procedures, processes, manuals, and other documentation.
- High School diploma (or GED), plus 12 years of general experience or Associates and 10 years of general experience or Bachelor’ s and 8 years of general experience
- Requires 6 years of related Information Technology
- Must have a current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification with Continuing Education (CE) - (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Must be able to obtain a DoD 8570.01-M CSSP Analyst and Incident Responder certification (CEH, CFR, CySA+, GCFA, GCIH, SCYBER) within 6 months of hire
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret security clearance to start and be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience with security analysis and solutions in a WAN/LAN environment
- Proven aptitude in oral and written communications, with excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience with most MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts in 24x7 operational environment and respond quickly to emergencies as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related discipline
- Strong HBSS and/or ACAS experience
- Ability to train on the use of tools in understandable terms
- Ability to work as part of an integrated network operations and support team
- Familiarity with DoD DCO/CSSP-guiding security policies and procedures, to include experience with vulnerability assessment tools (e.g. ACAS, HBSS, or other related security assessment applications)
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities