Network Security Administrator
1600 Commerce St Boulder, CO 80301
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Network Security Administrator to join its team in Broomfield, CO or Boulder, CO.
Our global client leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems and takes on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
This position is a hands-on role that requires a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts of networking. Technical expertise including networking, operating systems and security. Responsibilities include security tasks, including the day-to-day security administration of operating systems (OSs) and network security devices, as well as the management of technologies, such as firewalls and load balancers.
What You’ ll Do
- Perform system security administration, installation and configuration management on designated technology platforms, including OS’ s, host/network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
- Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization.
- Implement and monitor the enterprise program ensuring the security, integrity, privacy, and availability of information and systems.
- Communicate with resource owners and end users to increase their awareness of applicable policies and standards in a professional manner
- Some weekend and after-hours support work may be required.
- Be part of an On-Call rotation when needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ ll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’ s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current TS/SCI clearance with a current Polygraph.
- A current Security + or other DoD 8570 compliant certification
- Experience connecting, configuring, and upgrading network equipment, Juniper and Cisco specifically.
- Experience connecting, configuring, and upgrading network security devices: Juniper Firewalls OR Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with F5 Big IP load balancers are preferred.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities