Hayward, CA 94545
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our client s site in Hayward, California.
Our client is an independent, family-owned retail and commercial bank and California mortgage lender. It has 18 branches across 5 counties and retail loan offices in Sacramento and Los Angeles counties.
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting a company's network systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet and intranet systems
- Manages security firewalls
- Supports on-net and off-net wireless network solutions
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing projects
- Performs cable plant maintenance (moves, adds, changes) and creates/updates documentation
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of network engineering experience in an operational role, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Cisco ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) solutions
- Has worked with data carriers and circuit turn-up/turn-down
- Require experience in LAN/WAN, proxy servers, network design, and implementation, network troubleshooting, network hardware configuration, and network performance tuning
- Familiar with Windows servers, VMware, and networking capabilities
- Good knowledge of network security concepts, firewalls, and load balancers
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members, attention to details, communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with Deep Networking/ IT skills preferred
- Enthusiastic, team player, initiative and commitment to quality preferred
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998 and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities