Network Engineer AS000403
Redstone Arsenal Military Base Huntsville, CO 35898
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Huntsville, AL.
- Primary duties include interfacing with JIE implementation, operations and maintenance of the MDA general service network infrastructure, primarily troubleshooting and managing configurations on network routers, switches, encryptors, and firewalls.
- Will perform network and firewall engineering, monitoring and administration functions as required, provide initial analysis and troubleshooting on issues identified with network monitoring tools and provide troubleshooting support to end users on the network as well as other general networking tasks.
- Additional responsibilities include: generate/provide status reports, provide network anomaly analysis, and develop engineering redlines as needed to support network maintenance actions, engineering changes/upgrades, and security vulnerabilities.
- May work off hours or on call as required.
- High School Diploma plus 12 years of relevant experience in related field general experience must include 6 years related experience or Bachelors degree with 8 years experience.
- Must have CompTIA Security+ certification and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) or other equivalent to meet DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level II requirements.
- Current Active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Must have at least 8 years of applicable experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Proxy servers (Blue Coat), access control technologies, McAfee, Wildfire, and FireEye IDS/IPS, Web Application Firewalls (Palo Alto & Citrix Netscaler), Blue Coat SSL Decryptors, networking (LAN/WAN), TCP/IP, UDP & Multicast, OSPF, BGP routing protocols, and various WAN network mediums.
- Must be able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment, have good communication skills, work well in a team environment, have good interpersonal skills, be a quick learner, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be able to follow and produce documented processes and procedures, and provide feedback and update as necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Communications Engineering, Information Systems Management, or related field.
- Cisco routers/switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, McAfee, Wildfire, and FireEye IPS/IDS, Citrix NetScaler, Blue Coat Proxy and SSL Decryptor, HP OpenView and familiarity with Remedy Action Request Ticketing System.
- CISSP and Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Experience with IT Services Configuration Management processes a plus.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities